Ecommerce Multivendor platform have lots of things to consider before building. As this is the most complex form of Ecommerce. I tried to cover most of the things in this article, Rest of the things depends upon business to business. You can contact me for more detailed information if you want.
What is Multivendor Ecommerce portal?
Multi vendor ecommerce portal is the online platform, Where multiple vendors/sellers lists their items to sell.
Admin will charge maketplace comission based upon the sales.
Customer will pay to marketplace Admin while purchasing an item, Admin will transfer the money to Vendor after deducting his comission. Multivendor Platform is working as a mediator between sellers and customers.
What type of Users are involved in Marketplace?
- Marketplace User: Owner of the marketplace portal
- Sellers: Who lists their items on Marketplace for selling
- Customers: Who goes to marketplace for purchase
Type of Stakeholders in Ecommerce Marketplace?
- Payment Gateways
- Courier companies
How It Works
Admin builds online marketplace platform, Sellers holds the inventory at their warehouses and lists their products on the marketplace.
Admin will promote the marketplace platform to attaract the customers on marketplace by Marketting & discounts. Once the sales done on through marketplace portal.
Admin will approve the order for vendor to ship. After that Vendor can check the orders received at its portal.
Vendor is responsible for packing the order and ship the order to customer.
Once the order is delivered to customer. Admin will initiate the payment to seller.
What are the Payment Methods in Marketplace?
- - Cash on Delivery
- - Online Payments through payment gateways
- - Bank Transfer
Modes of Payment on Marketplace?
- - Comission based
- - TP(Transfer Price) Based
What are SKU’s
SKU’s are the unique number assigned to paricular product. Ecommerce players can use this to identify the item after the order received and also for the payment release to vendor.
What is Vendor Payout
Payouts are the money transferd from the main admin to Sellers after the order shipped/delivered.
Vendor Payout = Amount Received from Customer – Marketplace Comission
* marketplace comission may contain fixed percentage % or containing multiple things like (Marketplace comission, Payment Gateway Fee, Convineance charges, Fulfilment charges, Packing Fee etc.). This depends upon Marketplace to Marketplace.
Third Party Integrations
- - SMS Gateway’s
- - Email Gateway Integrations
- - Payment Gateway Integrations like PAYTM, PAYU, CCAVENUE, PAYU MONEY etc
- - Courier companies Integrations like Bluedart, Ecom Express, Delhivery, Gati etc
- - Courier tracking and Notification Services, Which is providing companies like Shipway.in
What are the Top Multivendor Websites in India?
- Amazon India
What are the Best company as a Technical partner to Develop Multivendor store?
You can contact Onjection.com regarding Best Ecommerce Quotes. We can also help you guiding the best practices of Ecommerce.Get Quotes